Serves 4-6 – Adapted from Bon Appetit
- 2 teaspoons oil such as canola
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch long strips
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bunches green onions, diced
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, minced
- 2-4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 bunches romaine lettuce
- 1 large cucumber, or 2-3 small small ones, cut into 2-inch long strips
Note: some hoisin sauce brands are thicker and more concentrated than others. You can start by adding 2 tablepsoons hoisin sauce, taste it and then increase the amount accordingly.
Warm the tortillas either in the microwave for a few seconds, or heat them on a dry skillet.