I’d wanted to make a nectarine tart for a while, and had some ground almonds in my freezer to use up, and then found a salted caramel sauce recipe on browneyedbaker.com, and this dessert all came together.
- pie dough for a single pie crust, homemade or store-bought
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 4 – 5 ripe nectarines, sliced (I used both yellow and white nectarines)
- 1/4 cup, packed, dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- vanilla frozen yogurt
- Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce (or storebought)
- Toasted sliced almonds for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out pie dough to a rough 13” – 14” circle, then transfer it to the parchment paper.
Spread ground almonds on top, leaving an inch or so margin.
Toss nectarines with sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt.
Arrange nectarines on top of ground almonds,
then fold up crust.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until crust is golden. To serve, top each slice with a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt, a generous drizzle of caramel sauce, and a sprinkling of sliced almonds.