This recipe, adapted from Cooking Light, serves 4 generously, or with some leftover for lunch the next day.
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS chopped fresh mint
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 cup thinly sliced radicchio
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 3.5 oz crumbled fat-free feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 TBS minced shallots (1 medium shallot)
Bring broth to a boil in a medium-sized pot; add quinoa, stir, cover, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes
or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff quinoa with a fork and set aside to cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil through salt in a large bowl.
Add cooled quinoa and remaining ingredients, tossing well to combine.