This recipe, adapted from Bon Appetit, serves 4 – 6. Serve with Romaine Salad with Anchovies and Parmesan.
- 4 1/2 8-oz. bottles clam juice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups polenta (coarse cornmeal)
- 3/4 tsp hot sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. large shrimp, cleaned
- coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bulb fennel, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped, seeded tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 2 TBS chopped preserved lemon
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
For shrimp scampi:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, season with coarse salt and pepper to taste, and cook, stirring once, for about 2 minutes, or until the shrimp begin to turn opaque. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
Add the fennel through garlic to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the fennel is tender, about 4 minutes.
Add cream, bring to a boil, and
stir in shrimp, tossing to coat, just until the shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute. Divide polenta among plates and top with scampi.