This recipe, adapted from Bon Appetit, looks like what I imagine wheatgrass looks like, but tastes, I also imagine, much, much better. Serves 4.
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup limoncello (I used Meyer Limoncello)
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus extra for dipping Champagne flutes
- lemon peel strips from 2 lemons
- juice from 1 lemon
- about 2 cups Champagne, Prosecco, Cava, etc.
- lemon wedge
Combine mint, limoncello, sugar and lemon peels in a blender; process until pureed.
Strain mixture into a cup, pressing on and then discarding solids.
Run lemon wedge around the rim of four Champagne flutes, then dip into sugar. Divide mint mixture among glasses, then
top with Champagne (the bubbles make the mint mixture unattractively coat the entire glass; ah well, looks aren’t everything!).