Serves 6, alongside Lemon-Olive Oil Muffins.
- 1 lb. asparagus, cut into small diagonal pieces
- 1 large yellow pepper, cut into small strips
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise, then sliced
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 TBS unsalted butter
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 TBS chopped parsley
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan/Parmigiano-Reggiano
Preheat oven to 400. Heat butter and olive oil in a 12” heavy oven-proof skillet, tilting pan to coat the sides.
Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
Add asparagus, yellow pepper and zucchini, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While the vegetables cook, whisk together eggs, milk, parsley, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Pour egg mixture over vegetables,
and sprinkle with Parmesan. Transfer pan to oven and bake for 15 – 18 minutes, or until the frittata is lightly golden and set.
Broil for a minute, then remove from oven and serve hot.