This is the Mexican version of tomato soup and cheese sandwiches. The soup is filled with garlic and lime and is delicious.
Both these recipes are adapted from How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman
Tomato, Lime, and Garlic Soup
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil / butter/ other oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic (a little bit more than a head)
- 4 cups chicken, beef, or vegetable stock
- 1 26-ounce box / can Chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (or more to taste)
- salt and pepper
Quesadillas with Scallions
In a skillet over medium heat, add a flour tortilla, then add 1/4 to 1/2 cup Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese (or a combination), top with 3 finely sliced scallions, then 1 or 2 tablespoons salsa of your choice. Top with another tortilla.