This recipe is adapted from Still Life with Menu by Mollie Katzen.
- 1 cup corn meal (if you have corn flour, substitute it for the corn meal for a lighter muffin)
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- zest of one orange
- 1 large egg
- 4 TBS melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, defrost first and drain any liquid before adding
Preheat oven to 425. Coat a muffin tin with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together corn meal, flour, salt, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and orange zest (sorry, don’t seem to have a photo of this step!).
In another smaller bowl, whisk together melted butter, orange juice, yogurt and egg. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
Gently fold in raspberries.
Divide batter among muffin cups. Place in oven and immediately lower oven temperature to 400.
Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the largest muffin comes out clean.