The beauty of No-Knead Bread is you can make the dough days in advance and then, presto, you have fresh-baked bread for dinner. Tonight I decided to broil mozzarella cheese on top of slices of bread; you could serve it as is, with really good olive oil to dip it in, or sprinkled with Parmesan or Pecorino-Romano and broiled.
Garlicky Stewed White Beans with Mixed Peppers – adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow or red pepper, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp dried sage, or 1/2 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 2 15-oz cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- freshly ground black pepper
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, then add the chopped peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until they just start to become tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and red pepper and cook, stirring, until fragrant.
Add the water, sage, beans and tomatoes with their juice; bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally,
for 10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly. Season with pepper.