This adaptation from a Cooking Light recipe is a little spicy, so omit or decrease the chile paste if you don’t like spicy foods. Serves 4 adults.
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 TBS orange juice
- 1 TBS sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 TBS rice vinegar
- 1 TBS minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp chile paste with garlic
- 8.8 oz package soba noodles
- 3 cups very thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 7 oz. package baked teriyaki tofu (such as Trader Joe’s brand), diced
Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
Combine salad ingredients except for soba noodles in a large bowl. Cook soba noodles according to package directions; drain.
Toss together soba noodles, the rest of the salad ingredients, and the dressing, and serve.