This pasta recipe uses one skillet, and the liquid reduces to a creamy sauce for the pasta.
- 1 lb. shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 3 TBS olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb. lemon pepper pappardelle (I use Trader Joe’s brand) or fettucine
- 12 oz. bag frozen artichokes
- 2 cups white wine
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- chopped parsley for serving
Heat 2 TBS oil in a 12” skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and cook just until they turn pink, 2 – 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a clean bowl.
Heat 1 TBS oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat and add garlic, cooking just until it’s fragrant.
Add pasta, artichokes, wine, water and sea salt and bring to a boil on high heat, stirring.
Lower heat to medium-high, enough to keep a steady boil, and cook, stirring frequently, until the pasta is al dente, about 9 minutes.
Right before the pasta is finished cooking, add the lemon zest, juice and shrimp, stirring to combine. Serve with a sprinkling of fresh chopped parsley.
Hearts of Palm Salad – adapted from Cooking Light
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- 1 cup chopped hearts of palm, from a 14.5 oz. can
- 2 TBS chopped parsley
- 2 TBS chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 TBS white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 head Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 TBS freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Combine tomatoes through salt and pepper in a bowl, tossing well to combine; cover and refrigerate at least one and up to a few hours.
When ready to serve, divide the lettuce on 4 plates, and top with the tomato/hearts of palm mixture. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.