This was a very child-friendly (or cauliflower-wary) dish; my kids cleaned their plates.
Serves 4 adults.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 3 TBS extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 TBS chopped parsley
- 1 TBS chopped fresh thyme
- 1 TBS chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb. whole wheat penne
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for serving
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
On a large rimmed baking sheet toss together the cauliflower and 2 TBS oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Add the garlic, stir, and bake for another 5 minutes, then remove from the oven.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, give a quick shake, then pour pasta back into the pot.
Stir in the remaining TBS of oil, the herbs, 1/2 cup Parmesan, and lemon juice, then stir in the cauliflower and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with freshly grated Parmesan for sprinkling on top.