Remember that purple cabbage from the Rainbow Stir-Fry recipe a few weeks back? I came up with this recipe as a way to use up some of the left-over cabbage.
Serves 4 adults.
- 1 onion, sliced vertically
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 TBS peanut oil
- about 4 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 3/4 cup stir-fry sauce, such as House of Tsang Classic Stir Fry Sauce (I found this in my regular supermarket)
- 8.8 oz. soba noodles
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts, chopped
Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil; add the soba noodles and edamame and simmer for 6 – 7 minutes, or according to your soba noodle package directions. Drain.
While the soba and edamame are cooking, heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add the peanut oil and swirl around the wok.
Add the onions and stir-fry for 2 -3 minutes, until they begin to soften and brown.
Add the garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the cabbage and stir-fry about 4 minutes.
Add the stir-fry sauce, soba noodles and edamame, and toss well to heat through. Serve sprinkled with the chopped peanuts.