Adapted from Gourmet magazine
- 1 bunch watercress, large stems removed
- 1 small head frisee (also called chicory or French curly endive), torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS red-wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, julienned
- 1 small or 1/2 medium celery root, peeled and julienned
Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, shallot and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Toss dressing with apple and celery root; you can refrigerate this until you are ready to serve the salad. Toss mixture with watercress and frisee.