This is my adaptation of a Cooking Light recipe; feel free to substitute grilled chicken breast or grilled shrimp for the salmon.
- 1 lb. salmon, preferably wild and with skin-on
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces, washed and spun-dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained well
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
Prepare grill; grill salmon until just cooked through, about 10 minutes depending on the thickness.
Remove from grill and set aside.
In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper.
In a large salad bowl toss the lettuce, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and olives. Add the dressing and toss again. Serve with whole-grain rolls.